Applications are invited for the past of General Manager/ Group Chief Executive Officer of the Industrial Development Corporation of Zimbabwe Limited IDCZ).
The IDCZ has substantial holdings in strategic economic sectors which include real estate, automotive, chemical and fertiliser, mining, cement and agro industry.
The IDCZ Group enjoys a dominant position in the Zimbabwean economy. The Group manufactures a wide variety of well over 300 different products.
With the previous incumbent having retired in December 2020, the IDCZ Board of Directors wishes to recruit a General Manager who possesses the drive and breadth of experience to head one of the largest Corpora-ions in Zimbabwe in order to maintain the Corporation's competitive position and reputation.
This key appointment demands a high calibre innovative individual who is capable of making a full contribution to the present management and future development of the Corporation.
The applicant should, as a minimum, be educated to a degree level and have extensive experience in the management of major industrial investment concerns. Extensive experience in development finance will be an added advantage. The successful applicant will be responsible for directing public investment with a view to utilising the country's resources efficiently and effectively as well as creating employment opportunities. He/ she will also have the responsibility of monitoring the performance of the existing IDCZ Group investment portfolio and will participate in various decisions on public investment issues. The remuneration package will be commensurate with the responsibility and accountability of this position.
Description of key Job Responsibilities;
• Formulate a Corporate Strategy to spearhead rapid reindustrialisation of the economy through identification and evaluation of viable manufacturing project opportunities and developing them into viable enterprises.
• Identify and research into distressed industries with potential for resuscitation through recapitalisations and transformation of their governance and management systems.
• Implement the continued turnaround of the Group through mobilisation of strategic partners for new capital injection, critical skills and technology transfer and market access.
• Establish systems of collaboration and cooperation with tertiary and research development institutions as support to the above.
• Carry out The development finance mandate and function by innovatively mobilising resources from the shareholder, fellow Development Finance institutions and capital markets and ensuring effective credit assessment, investment appraisal and treasury systems for on lending to and making equity investments in viable manufacturing projects.
• Develop the human resources capacity and Performance Management Systems to deliver efficiently and effectively on the above within defined timelines as per the Results Based Management systems.
• Direct and oversee the day to day function of the Corporation through best practice corporate governance standards and culture and providing effective oversight in enterprises where the Corporation has made an investment so as to safeguard shareholder value and ensure competitive returns.
• Report to the Board of Directors of the Corporation at least quarterly or as required on all the above including at least once a year at a members meeting to Government as the shareholder.
Applications for a confidential interview, to be received not later than 28 May 2021, must be addressed to:
Industrial Development Corporation of Zimbabwe limited
P. 0. Box 1431 Causeway
or hand delivered to:
The Chairman Industrial Development Corporation of Zimbabwe limited 93 Park Lane Harare
or emai: [email protected]