The position of Regional Manager is a middle level management post within ZIMSEC and the successful candidate will report to the Assistant Director - Examinations Administration.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS: The Regional Manager will, inter-alia, be responsible for and discharge the following
1. Planning, organising, leading and controlling all examinations activities in the Region;
2. Coordinating Centre inspection and registration of Examination Centres;
3. Spearhead the E-registration process in the Region and assisting and attending to candidate entries related matters;
4. Monitor the recruitment of Grade Seven (7) Markers,
5. Coordinating the marking of practical subjects/ coursework and Grade 7 Examinations in the Region and collection and submission of marks;
6. Management of question paper distribution and script collection;
7. Investigating cases of suspected malpractice;
8. Accountable for all ZIMSEC assets in the Region;
9. Act as a link between ZIMSEC Head Office and the stakeholders;
10. Carry out other duties assigned from time to time by relevant authorities.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
■ Be a holder of a Masters Degree;
■ Extensive experience as an Educationist at a level of a Headmaster, Deputy Head or Education Officer for at least 5 years;
■ Have experience in conducting and supervising Examinations.
■ Be capable of training Heads of Centres and Invigilators in the conduct of examinations;
■ Holder of a clean Class 4 driver's licence.
Interested and qualified persons should submit their applications each consisting of an application letter, certified copies of educational and professional certificates and Curriculum Vitae with contact telephone numbers and names of at least three (3) referees. All envelopes should clearly indicate the post being applied for. Applications should be received not later than Tuesday, 2nd March 2021. Applications should be addressed to: The Assistant Director, Human Resources. Zimbabwe School Examination Council (ZIMSEC) Head Office Examination Centre Upper East Road, Mount Pleasant P. O. BOX CY1464, Causeway HARARE
Or email: [email protected]
NB: ZIMSEC recruitment policy does not require any prospective job seekers to make payment to the Council or any of its employees as a way of securing employment. ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED